Saturday, March 03, 2012

My Brinley Boo...


Brinley is a decade old! I can't even believe it. This girl has taught us so so so much. First and foremost... patience. I'm surprised she made it through being 3 years old. Many days I wondered if that would happen. I'm glad she's here to see her 10th Birthday!!!

Brinley can be THE sweetest child. She will sneak in our room and make our bed and leave notes or candy on our pillows at least twice a month. She will write me the cutest and nicest notes. ... Then she will turn around and throw the biggest fit and march up the stairs while screaming I HATE YOU! I HATE THIS FAMILY! EVERY ONE HATES ME! and slam her door.

Brinley is our tender heart. She loves every animal. And it kills her to know that we eat meat. Even though her favorite food is a steak or pot roast. Figure that. She likes to tell herself that hot dogs are grown in our garden. I've never picked a hot dog...

Brinley likes nothing better then to cuddle in bed and for me to sing to her, "You Are My Sunshine."
She is a girly girl. She loves flowers. If I ever get flowers from Scott threes always one missing...and its in Brinleys room. She loves them. That's all she wanted for her birthday. Everytime she would go with me to Costco she would pick out what bouquet she was going to get. Shes so funny.
Brinley is a homebody. She would rather stay home then go anywhere. Its like pulling teeth to get her to go anywhere with me.
She is starting to become more helpful. The other day she was scrubbing the bathroom. Toilets and everything. You just never know what that girl is going to do. She keeps her room mostly clean. That's more than I can say for her sister... (right Jentry...I know she's gonna read this).
Brinley hates reading but she LOVES listening to books.
She is good to just play on her own most of the time.
She is taking an interest in Bon Jovi. Every morning at 7 am we are serenaded by Bon Jovi singing "SHOT THROUGH THE HEART!!!"
Brinley loves to get up early and just hang out before school. She is not like her mom at all in that regard. A few times she has woken up at 8 am and gotten so mad that she is "up late" and threatened that she wasn't going to go to school now!! (School doesn't start until 9...but she thinks she has to be up early)
I can make Brinley do anything I want if I give her a little gulit trip. She hates to disappoint me. And I do use that to my advantage.

I love my Brinley Boo! I wonder if we will ever stop calling her Boo... Probably not.


Today for her birthday we got up and opened presents. Then, off to Costco for her boquet of flowers. We had lunch at Arctic Circle and tonight we are going to Sizzler for dinner. Her favorite places. We also went and saw a movie. Its been a busy day! We will finish the night off with her favorite... pumpkin pie!!!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

I pick out my favorite bouquet at Costco every time I go there, too. And I pick Arctic Circle for lunch on my birthday as well. Happy Birthday Brinley!

Jentry said...

My room is and organized mess thank you very much. Happy birthday boorinley! i will never forget your weird faces or the many times i have put on justin bieber just for you. you are my favorite sister i have!
Love the sister who you think is the awesomest

Amy G said...

Leslie, I love how good you are at remembering and sharing things about your kids. Mine are amazing and cute and horrible too, but I don't remember half as much as I should! lol

Happy birthday to Brinley!

Denise said...

We still have a Becca Boo at almost 18, so I'm guessing your Brinley Boo will be around just as long. She sounds so much like my Zachary - must be a 2nd child thing. So glad for the sweetness! :)