Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Cousin Camp 2012

This is one of the highlights of my summer!  For the last three years my cousins have all gotten together for COUSIN CAMP!  It is so much fun.  We have went different places every year and just hung out, shopped, got our toes done, ate, talked, laughed.... whatever we wanted..with NO KIDS!  Its so fun.  SOOOOOO fun. 
This year we went to Mesquite, NV.  And it was HOT!  108 degrees.  The wind felt like a blow dryers blowing in your face.  So we spent a good amount of time in the pools of anywhere there was AC.  We could basically do whatever we wanted.

On the way down there I had a feeling I was going to get a speeding ticket.  My foot is a little heavy.  Well right when we got on the free way after having lunch at Cafe Rio in Cedar City, Mr. Iron County Deputy paid us a visit. Luckily (or un luckily) I got a ticket but he only wrote it for 5 over...instead of the 88 in a 75 that I was really going.  4 hours of traffic school and 200 dollars later I'm still not over it and I use my cruise control a lot more now. 

We got to Mesquite a lot slower than I would have liked but the other girls said they didn't think it was as long of a trip as it had been for them in the past... We got our cute cousin camp shirts on for awhile and then jumped into the pool! 

That night Casey decided she was going to play on the tables at the casino while the rest of us went back into the room to do some real gaming..YAHTZEE!!  Let me tell ya, she missed out sitting at the tables all by herself.  We gave her a 1 hour time limit and told her she would be sorry if she wasn't back in the room in an hour. 


Well, she wasn't back.

So we went and got her.

We dressed in our jammies and got our nerdiest hair do's out and went to get her.  I put shorts over my pants and socks and flip flips.  Ashley did her hair like her mom would do it growing up and Mandy put in the pig tails and off we went.

We had to walk half way through the casino looking like this and calling out CAAAASEY!!!  Oh man, its a good thing most people are drinking in those things and hopefully didn't remember us by morning.  I have never in my life had so many people look at me with shocked looks on their faces.  Poor Casey...when she saw us about crawled under the table.  The pit bosses were cracking up (which I was glad about because I thought for sure we were gonna be in trouble).  We told her that her time was up and that she better get back to the room ASAP because if we had to come back and get her again...

We left the casino and went back to our rooms and she finally came back over.  It's a good thing she did.  She told us that the pit bosses were saying "Man, I wonder how much they have had to drink." and she didn't dare tell them that we didn't drink that was allllll under our own influence.   I guess you don't have to drink to look like dorks.

The next day we went and got pedicures.  Oh man was that a story in itself that probably is only funny to us so Ill leave that to our own memories. 

On the last morning at breakfast I broke it to my cousins that were driving home with me that we needed to pick up a few of my kids on the way.  They were staying in Fish Lake with my parents.  How was I to know it would be a 4 hour detour?  I don't think they were very happy with me.  But, we made it and Mandy got her pizza hut.... So it was all good.

I cant wait for next year! 

1 comment:

Nicole said...

This is such a fun tradition! I would love to do something like this! As soon as I read the part about the pit bosses laughing, I knew they thought you all were drunk! Too funny!!