Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Hiking the Y

I let my friend borrow my copy of Stephanie Nelson's "Heaven is Here" .  I really enjoyed it and I think this lady is amazing! 

Anyway, when I went back to get my book she mentioned how she had never hiked the Y and how it was amazing  someone who was burned over 80% of their body hiked it a mere one year after she was burned. Ive only lived in Utah for 30+ years so of course Ive never hiked the Y either.. Isn't that how it is. You live in a place and you never do any of the fun things you have around you.  So why couldn't two fatties like us hike it?!

 I thought it was a good idea. 

Why did I think it was a good idea?

 

Because it WAS A GOOD IDEA!  And I'm so glad we did it.  I thought for sure we might die. I thought for sure it was going to be HARD.  I thought for sure I would get half way up and have to turn around. 

But, I was wrong!  It was a lot easier than I thought.  It was a great hike and I'm thinking we might make it a yearly tradition to do it at the end of every summer. 

Chase only tried to kill himself twice. 

Scott had went ahead with the two boys.  When we got up there Chase saw me and started running towards me.  The trail at the top had sluffed off a little bit and he started to lean over, off the side of the mountain. He leaned so far I didn't think he would be able to correct himself and I thought he was going down.  He was able to catch himself and I don't think he even knew how close he was to falling off the side of the mountain.  Denise said how she thought there must have been angels pushing him back because there was no way he should have been able to correct himself.  He was leaning way too far.  I'm glad there were angels there because all I could do was freeze and cover my eyes.  Awesome mom award, right here!

The second time was when he went to sit on the top of the Y and he started to lean forward again.  He almost toppled head over heals.  Needless to say, I was ready to start hiking back down the mountain. 

Hopefully next year will be a little less "heart attacky"!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I have never hiked the Y either. I've hiked to the G, which sucks, I hate that hike. I'm glad Chase made it back alive! Crazy kid!