Thursday, July 16, 2015

Where we are RIGHT NOW...


Jentry will be starting her senior year this year.  That is so very hard for me to believe.  I feel like time is slipping away with these kids...especially her.  She will be out on her own soon and she will actually have to make her own food.  I think the girl might starve.  Or just have to live off of Macaroni and Cheese. 
She is a great student and will be taking a Dental Assisting Class this year.  Dental Assisting is not what she wants to go into at this time but this will give her a skill through college that she can earn money doing so that she can do what she really wants to.. Which at this time is a 2nd grade teacher.  She was able to go to Washington D.C. in November and she had a great experience. 
Right now she is working at Kneaders in Spanish Fork.  She really enjoys it and the people she works with.  It has been a great job for her.  And we haven't minded the "benefits" either.  ;-)

Brinley has really grown up these past couple of years.  She takes her school work seriously and I never have to remind her to do her homework. When she was going into 7th grade the Jr High put on an assembly for the 6th graders to show them all of the classes they could sign up for in 7th grade.  Parents were invited.  They had the choir sing, the band play, the orchestra play and talked about all the fun they would have in Jr High.  I thought for sure Brinley would come home wanting to be in choir.  Boy was I wrong.  She came home BEGGING to play violin.  Who woulda' thunk! She has absolutely loved violin.  She takes private lessons along with school.  She is a pretty normal teenager in the fact that she butts heads with her dad quite often.  She is a stubborn girl who knows what she wants and doesn't back down.  That will come in handy one day...

Ty is going into the 4th grade.  He is our "little nerd" and we call him that in the most affectionate way, of course.  He loves reading, mine craft, video games and anything computer related.  He could spend all day on the computer or wii if we would let him.  Much to his dismay, we don't.  He wants to be an inventor one day and is constantly looking for things that he could invent when he gets older.    He also loves Scouts.  He also loves to tease Brinley and it DRIVES HER CRAZY. 

Chase is all boy.  He loves playing outside, building, fixing and digging.  He makes friends easily and is definitely the baby of the family.  He loves to cuddle with me and hates if he thinks he has hurt my feelings or made me sad.  He has the cutest freckles and curly blonde hair that is losing its curl.  :(  He would rather play than go to school.  The only way I have gotten him to read this summer is to threaten him with summer school if he doesn't. 

Scott and I took a trip to Cancun, Mexico this March.  It was an all expense paid trip and it was pretty darn fun!  We had a great time.  This last year he and I decided to take our health more serious and started Take Shape for Life.  We went on to lose plenty of weight (him 30#, Me 72#).  We began health coaching and it's gone pretty good.  We have enjoyed it. 

As a family we went to Disneyland in February.  This is our 3rd time there and I don't think we have grown tired of it yet.  The kids absolutely loved it.  I love going on Vacation with the family. Its nice to be just US...no distractions, chores, homework, cooking... Wouldn't it be great if life was just a vacation? 

I hope to get better and more consistent with updating this so I can remember just how much I love this stage of my life.  Love having all my kids home, healthy and happy.  It couldn't get better than this!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hurray! An update! Even though we only live like 5 minutes away, it's still fun to read these snap shots of what's going on!