Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Fish Lake

We used to go to Fish Lake every year when I was a child. But I haven't been back for a long time. I have very fond memories of that place. I loved being able go to the Lodge, go to church there (you could even just wear your camping clothes)take rides in my grandpas dune buggy (until it burned in a fire), ride our bikes, play at the little play set they had at the next camp ground, go fishing in grandpas boat, take walks by the lake and play with my cousins!! I loved going there!
My parents went up for a week or so and took Chase with them since the other kids had swimming lessons. We went up that weekend.

This is going to be a total PICTURE OVERLOAD POST...but I think there are just so many good ones that I cant choose.






The boys loved chopping wood with their dad






Another memory I have is of going to Fish Lake with my Great (and I use that word in more ways then one) Aunt Wanda. She would always point out the Indian Paintbrush Flowers. It was good to see those again.





Before he left for home we stopped off at the old Lodge. Boy its just as I remember it...

We let the kids play on a few rocks but that quickly ended when Ty started screaming that something had stung him. Poor boy stepped in stinging neddle.








Farewell Fishlake...we will be back...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

You guys always to the funnest stuff! Great pictures!