Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Our first attempt at a garden....


So we've decided to try our green thumb at a garden this year. The problem is...I dont think we have much of a green thumb!! We planted a garden this last weekend and Im hoping we get a little something out of it. Im not expecting much and will be surprised if the plants survive two little boys.

We planted some tomato's, cucumbers, crooked neck squash, and zucchini. Im sure I planted them all wrong and too close together but Im hoping I learn more as the years go by and one day we have a great garden!

5 comments:

mom2six said...

Good luck with that! We haven't tried a garden since Iowa... the place where you throw a seed on the dirt and the veggies magically appear. Last week we just put in some berry bushes and tomatoes, and rosemary. We'll see what happens.

Jadie said...

Friends are like four leaf clovers
hard to find but lucky to have!
Just wanted to say Hi and thanks for letting me call you
"my friend"

Love,
Jadie

Hillary said...

Hey! We bought a lot in Enoch two years ago so we are finally going to build on it. It is pretty far from town but that is the only draw back. It is in a really nice neighborhood. We are really excited too until we find out how much it is going to cost! Ouch! By the way our garden looks excatly like yours and we have had one for two years and they usually work out. Gardens are so fun. Good luck!

Denise said...

I think you can plant them close if you don't need space to walk between them. But what do I know? Nothing until you teach it all to me ... :)

Amy G said...

Hey - good job on the garden! I read the last few posts before that and it's such fun stuff. Don't you appreciate the opportunity to document those splash, bff and chalk times? So much fun! Your kids will appreciate it!