Sunday, May 31, 2009

Golden Explorer


I am so proud of Jentry! She received a huge reward at school. Its called the Golden Explorer. When she first brought the note home from school with all of the requirements I LAUGHED! It seemed ridiculous, all the things that she would have to do to get it... Read 20 books off of a list, get 100% on all spelling, capitals, states, 5 min. times tables, five minute division, do a reflections project, not be absent for more then 10 days, and so on and on and on. I thought there is no way Im going to make her get this. So I set it aside....in the garbage can.

Half way through the year Jentry came home all excited and said that her teacher had called her and 4 other students back and said that they were the only ones in class that were on track to get the award. So she was gonna go for it. She still had a lot of books she had to read but she got hot and heavy on it and red a book every other day. Buuuuuut still, I didnt think she would make it. Im that supportive! But SHE DID IT! And I was so proud of her. She is too smart to be my kid!! Her BFF also got it so that made it even cooler!!! Way to go Jentry! Im so proud of you and all of your hard work. YOU ARE AWESOME! (yes she does read my blog, she likes to see what I say about her lol)

3 comments:

Brown Family said...

Way to go, Jentry! I haven't even heard of that, but it sounds hard. I'm not thinking either of my boys will be at all interested, but I guess we'll see ... (I would have been all over that in elem school!)

Mers said...

Woah! Way to go Jentry!

Stathis Five said...

Way to go Jentry. Way to go Mom. This is so awesome. We are so proud of you. How was your concert?