Gosh it goes by so much faster when you arent pregnant!! I cant believe Ty turned TWO WEEKS yesterday!!!
Its been tough to get into a routine. Im still not in one. Spend most of the day in the bedroom with him...changing him, feeding him, holding him. Dont do much around the house. Our stuff from Christmas is still out...and I suspect it will be for awhile longer. Im thinking once Jentry goes back to school it will be time to get into a routine. Hard with the Holidays. Buuuuut I will get the hang of it. Hopefully!!
Ty had his 2 week appt on Friday. Hes only gained 2 oz since birth (but 6 since leaving the hospital) so they want me to come in on Wed. or Thursday just for a weight check. Which should be fun...getting him and Brinley ready to drive 20 minutes each way for a five minute weight check. But I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.
The minute the doc walked in for our appt he said "You have a yellow baby!" I said yep. I thought he looked less yellow then he did before...but doc wanted us to go get another billirubben test. So after he had to get his foot cut for the stupid PKU we had to go down to the hospital to get his OTHER foot pricked for a billirubben test. He didnt do so good on either tests...as in he FREAKED. He cried so hard his little body turned purple. I couldnt stand it! How can they be sooooooo mean to something sooooo little. I felt like I wanted to bite both nurses heads off. I know they need to do these tests but I couldnt stand that they were hurting my baby!!! I was so annoyed when that day was over. Felt so bad for the little guy. Anyway, doc called at 10:40 at night and said that they never called with his test results so he ended up calling them he said that his number was at a 14. Which is higher then it was before (12.9) but not critical. So if he gets any yellower then we need to bring him in again. ARG! He better not...cause I dont want to have to put him through that STUPID test again!!!
Anyway, off that rant. He is doing good otherwise. I dont think I will ever catch up on my sleep ever again...but thats ok. He doesnt like sleeping in his play pen. He will wake up about an hour after I put him in there...but if he sleeps next to mom hes good for about 5 hours in the night...sometimes. Which is fine with me. I like cuddeling with him. He loves to be held.
Jentry had a hard time liking him at first...and it was getting pretty annoying. People would say.."Do you like your brother?" and she would say "yeah....but he whines alot" Which he DOES NOT!! I think there was some serious jealousy going on there. And she liked the attention she got when she would say that she really didnt like him. I think it was also hard on her because she was sick for his first week and a half of life so I wouldnt let her go near him and she didnt get to hold him...so I think that was another reason she didnt really "like" him. But I think she is getting better about him. Hopefully.
Brinley on the other hand. LOVES her baby brother. Loves doing anything for him. And is a big help...but not tooo much of a help. She loves being a big sister!!!
Scott is also in love with him as is his mommy.
So thats his first two weeks of life...I wonder what the next two weeks hold for us.
5 comments:
Oh poor baby - getting pricked. I hated that! Sounds like otherwise all is good in your household. I'm sure he's a joy and Jentry will come around and forget what it was like not to have a brother. *hugs*
i have been waiting and waiting for an update - so THANK YOU :) first, what is billirubben?
and second.. you will find a routine, after school is back in session. DONT forget to lay him down awake otherwise you really might never get anything done. (just my friendly advice) my friend stephs baby - Max WONT sleep unless he is being held or laying next to mom or dad. sooooo - she gets nothing done (he is 6 months) OOOOOOHHH fret!
i hope jentry gets to start bonding with him and starts digging her role as big sister to TWO! :)
im glad brinley is thrilled :)
Jentry started coming around last night. And today shes been more and more into him. I hope it lasts!! Billirubben is a test they do for jaundice?? I think billirubben is what your kidneys put out or something? Too much billirubben and they turn yellow. If theres way too much it can cause brain damage. But hes ok.
If they have to do the test again, put your pinkie in his mouth and let him suck it while they do it. I did that with Ava both times and she didn't cry AT ALL. So I told my SIL to try it with her baby after she had him and it worked for him too!! :)
Both my kids had jaundice. Trintiy actually was readmited to the hospital for light treatment. Ava's cleared up on it's own. Hopefully Ty will do the same. :)
when Anna was born, we had to have her bili checked, too, and they had some nifty little device they just put on her face in a few spots, NO PRICKING! I don't understand why EVERYONE doesn't use those! Do they like making babies scream??
Thanks for the update...you WILL figure it out. It's so hard at first, but it gets better, which you already know. Hang in there!
Post a Comment