
Ty got his shots for Kindergarten. He has seriously been looking forward to this day for months!! He has asked me and asked me over and over again when he was going to get his shots. Finally, the day came. I didn't want him to be scared but I didn't want him to be surprised either when they pulled out a needle and poked him. So I said, "You know these shots are going to hurt." He would just tell me that Shaylee told him that they only hurt a little. (my niece). Well, I wasn't going to argue with him there.
When we got there the nurse had to prick his finger. She asked him if he knew how to count and he proudly said "YES! I know how to count to 100" And that he did. She pricked his finger at 20 and then had to wait while he counted the rest of the way to 100. He sure was proud of himself.
He didn't do too good on the eye exam. I'll have to take him to an eye doc for that. Ty didn't seem concerned though because he said he could see them just fine when he got up close.... One funny thing is he was covering his eye with one hand reading them. When he was having a hard time the nurse said, "Let's try it with both eyes." So Ty covered both eyes.
The doctor came and gave him a check up. He weighs 36 lbs and is 42" BIG! And everything looked great!
Then the time came that he had been anticipating! SHOTS!! They gave him four in his legs (because the boy is so skinny everywhere else). There were two nurses that did them two at a time so it went fast. And all he did was say Ouch the first time and OUUUUUUUUUCH the second time he got poked. But no tears. He got five treats from the doctor because they said he did so good! He was pretty excited about that.
When we were walking out to the car I told him how tough he was. He looked up at me and said "Mom, I'm not tough...I was crying in my head. Just not on my face." That's what makes ya tough, Buddy!!!
Today he woke up with a fever and is VERY sore in his legs. Poor kiddo.
4 comments:
Hahaha! He says the funniest things!
Love that kid! I think I would have gotten confused about the eyes too!!
I love Ty! He is so cute. Have you decided if you are going to put him in AM or PM kindergarten? Great post about Scott. What a good Husband!
I shared the covering-the-eyes story with my co-workers. Kids are so darn cute - so glad you're documenting all of this!
Post a Comment