Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Brinleys Baptism






WHAT A DAY!!! (in so so many ways!)

The day started out good. We all woke up and started to get ready for Brinleys big day!! When we were about finished Scotts mom and dad showed up with his grandma! Grandma had to go to the bathroom. After awhile Scotts dad suggested that Scotts mom go help Grandma. She was taking awhile. Next thing I hear is Susan asking Brinley, "Where is your dad? I think Grandma is having a stroke." Grandma made it up the stairs. I gave her a big hug and told her to go get better. When I was done hugging her and looked back at her face I could see tears in her eyes. THAT DID IT!! I could not stop bawling from then on out!!

This was about 10 minutes before we left to go to the Baptism. Scotts mom was supposed to give a talk on Baptism and his dad, a prayer. I told Scott to call the Bishop and ask him to give a talk. He said I couldn't do that 10 minutes before he was supposed to be there! I said, "Yes we can! That's his job!" Am I right?

So we got to the baptism! Brinley was so excited. I don't think she even noticed that anything was going on. Which I am very glad about. To her...grandma had a stroke? Ok, whatever THAT is!!

We had so much family at her baptism! It was great! I really REALLY appreciate everyones efforts to get there!! THANK YOU! You made this day so very special for her. Everyone mentioned how she was just beaming!!

The bishop did a great talk! (Especially for spur of the moment!) Brinleys BFF, Heidi also did a great talk on the Holy Ghost!! Brinley is so cute about Heidi. She loves loves loves her and Heidi is so cute just to love her back!!! Heidi is my cousin that just recently got married...so a little bit of an age difference there...

After her baptism we came back to have lunch! Not everyone could come back with us but we still had a house full!!! Wowzers! I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted too. I kept forgetting about taking pictures. But, I did get a few.

I'm so proud of my Brinley Boo!!! She is such a cute girl to have in our family! She keeps us on our toes!!

Grandma is doing great! It was what they call a "mini stroke" She was even able to come back later and have lunch with us. Which I loved!! Im glad I got to have her all to myself and get to talk to her. Instead of all the hussle and bussle there is when EVERYONE is there.

1 comment:

mom2six said...

I love this post! I am so glad that the day was so special for her. She looks so beautiful.