Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Our Summer so far!!

(loooong post, get a drink and a piece of pie, you are gonna be here for awhile!)
Is going way toooooo fast!!! I love having the kids home! They are big helpers and I love that we can just pick up and go do whatever we want, whenever we want and not have to be home if we don't want! (Hows that for good English. Maybe I need to go back to school!) We have had a lot happen so here goes....

First Ty came down one Sunday night right after I put him to bed telling me that he needed a band-aid for his foot. He has 100 excuses for getting out of bed before he finally goes to sleep each night so I just thought it was one of those. I was telling him he didnt need a band-aid unless he was bleeding as I was taking off his sock. I looked down and about fell out of my chair when I saw this...



At first I thought he was bit by a spider so I went up to his room and looked all through the covers. Didnt see anything and thought, if it is bad in the morning Ill take him in to the doctor. The next morning I totally forgot about it til about 11 am. I told him to come and show it to me and it was even worse. So I took him into the doctor. He said he thought it was probably a spider too. He thought probably a hobo spider because if it would have been a black widow he would have had seizures. (oh nice!) He marked it with a pen so we could tell if the swelling was going down with the antibiotic he gave him. That night he got even worse. And started going past the markings and up his leg. So I called after hours. The doctor that was on call said that what I was explaining didnt sound like a spider bite but sounded like MRSA. I about wet my pants. Ive watched Oprah and I know this isnt good!! ;-) So I freaked a little and started a google quest while Scott went and got another drug for him. Of course I see all the worst case's online. But it did say it was commonly mistaken for spider bites because it looks just like it. Luckily the combinations of meds worked and we got it under control. So I bleached the house and hopefully thats the last of that!! We are very very blessed that it wasnt as bad as it could have been!!!



My cousin (BFF), Mandy found out she is PREGNANT WITH TWINS!!! I am so excited! I get to have a baby and not be pregnant! Wahoo!! We are due December 26th but Im sure our twins will come sooner! I dont know how her husband feels about me taking one of these babies, but he will get over it... This makes baby three and four for her! I cant believe when we get together we will have EIGHT kids between the two of us. We are in for some fun times!!

Scotts brother Ben also got married this summer to a cute cute girl named Nicole. She's my competition you know. Shes the only other sister in law. But he couldnt have picked anyone better! They got married in the Salt Lake Temple



and Nicole looked beautiful!





I tried to get a cute picture of all the kids...but well...they werent co-operating. So after 100 pictures of them, this is the best I got. Nice.



But this one isnt so bad.



We took a trip to Yuba. Jentry went to fifth grade camp. (neither I have pictures of! Sorry!)



We went to Strawberry Days because my brother Todd was in the milking a cow part. I cant remember what it was called. He did it with his friend Ruger and my other cousin Chad. They did pretty good but still lost! ;-) We got drenched! It rained pretty good for awhile there. This is about the first week in the last few weeks that we havent had a down pour every night/day! It was starting to get very annoying!! I dont mind rain...but not EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

We have been having swimming pool withdrawls so yesterday we decided to go to the pool even though it wasnt warm enough for it! We shivered a little but had a good time! I was so impressed that I didnt even wear sun screen and I couldnt see a sunburn on me! Well that soon changed...by the time I got in the car I could feel my whole body was burnt. Ive been waddling around all day because I can barely walk. My legs kill! Next time I wont forget the sun screen for myself!!!

Well thats our summer so far! We have many more adventures to go on, I hope!

6 comments:

Deanna said...

1. MRSA...try getting it on your face and the reason you got it was from a worker in a hospital--that sucks!
2. Sweet shots at the SLC temple and cute kiddies.
3. I miss summer celebrations throughout Utah County especially Strawberry Days rodeo.
Fun Fun summer!
xoxoxo

The Jasperson Family said...

Loves it!!

Camille Jensen said...

Sorry I haven't visited in quite awhile. Seems like your summer has been as rainy and medically chaotic as ours! Now that the worst is done and over with, we can get back to having the best summer EVER! Right?

Brown Family said...

I always forget the sunscreen on myself as well! Now for pics of your garden ...

Unknown said...

What a big update! So Glad your beebee's foot is ok! That was scary. Love the shot of your kids at the fountain / pond. Twins!!!!!!

Brandi said...

I watch Oprah too. I'm glad he his OK. You are a super busy crazy mom. Hope you have a great summer. Good luck with the garden.