Monday, March 16, 2009

He's killing me off slowly.




Chase that is. I swear this boy will put me in the nut house before he is five. Saturday I was in my room getting dressed. Brinley had had a sleep over with her cousin Livvy at our house and all the kids were upstairs playing in the hall. I guess Brinley was trying to get into the room with Jentry and Jentry was trying to shut the door. Chase had has little pinkie finger in the hinge side of the door and Jentry shut the door all the way and smashed it. I hear Chase SCREAMING and Jentry yell "MOM, I shut Chases finger in the door... MOOOOOOOOOOOOOM HES BLEEEEEEDING!!!" I fling the door open to find blood gushing from his finger. All I could think about is Bethany (scotts little sister) got her finger chopped off in a door when she was 1. Scott is freaking out. Im freaking out. We grab him and take him into the bathroom and Im trying to run his finger under water to see what kind of damage we have but every time I take it out of the water it just fills with blood and I cant really see how bad it is. I could tell that his finger nail was just hanging there and that his finger was all attached but thats about all. Scott calls his mom to come watch the kids, I call Bethany and say "Can you come watch my kids!?" I didnt tell her why cause if I would have talked anymore I think I would have started bawling. She says yes and I hang up.

Chase screamed all the way to the hospital. Poor thing. He didnt want me anywhere near his finger. We get there and go into the triage nurse. He wanted nothing to do with her either. He didnt want her to touch him anywhere. She tried to put the little heart thing on his toe and he was flipping. He kept saying "NOT LIKE THAT!!!" Finally we got all that done and Scott said "Was that fun" and Chase said "YEAH!!!"

They took him back and looked at his finger. The doc decided to give him Katamine (I dont know how to spell it) but it puts them to sleep for about 20 minutes so that he could stitch him up. When they gave him the shot in his leg he flipped. It must have really hurt!! After a minute or two he was starring off into space and finally shut his eyes and went to sleep


The doctor took off his whole nail and stitched up his finger with 4 stitches. The doctor had said that the nice thing about this medicine is that they have amnesia and cant really remember about an hour before. And that they cant feel the pain at all. I dont know if I believe that, because when the doctor would touch his finger he would grunt and when he woke up he remembered everything we had seen before. (the fish, helicopter and me telling him the sharps container was ku-ku)

They bandaged him up and sent us home.



He did good with the bandage the whole day...but when I went in his room the next morning he had it taken off. And putting another one on was a nightmare! Then I went to get him dressed and THAT one came off! So we have been using bandaids and he leaves those alone. But changing them is also a nightmare. He doesnt like anyone by his finger. He uses his hand just fine but if anyone else touches it he screams.

Jentry had a hard time getting over it and I think she is more scarred about it then he is. I think they will think twice about shutting doors now.

(sorry, most of these pics are from my phone)

6 comments:

Brown Family said...

Ow!!! I get sick just looking at the pictures! Hope you never have to again, but you can call me until family gets there, too! Poor little guy!!! I'm going to throw up when one of my kids does this ... :S

Mers said...

Poor Chase! That happened at my house once. My friends who were sisters were pushing on the door and same story ... except Katie's finger got complete cut off.

Kelli said...

Brandi's little girl got her finger slammed in the door at the neighbors house just like this. Ouch. We all cringe when the kids are playing and we hear a door slam.
Gotta love ketamine. What hospital did you go to?
I got my finger slammed in the door when I was a kid and I lost my nail, so we're in the same club. Except my mom didn't take me to the hospital to get stitches, I just got a nice bandaid. Those are the days.

Deanna said...

poor little guy.
xoxoxo

Lizzylou said...

poor kiddo! What a brave little guy. I'm always getting after my boys for slamming doors to keep each other out.

Lisa said...

poor thing! what a story!!!