Monday, February 23, 2009

We went on a road trip.

Its HARD to get Scott to go anywhere out of Utah County. Seriously. He could never travel one more minute in his life and be fine with that. Not I! This weekend we took a quick visit to his Grandma Murrays house that lives in Cedar. We had a great time. I hope we didnt wear her out! But Im betting we did. The first day we got there she had a roast cooking and made us a great dinner!! That is very hard for her to do and we appreciated it so much!!! Scott went to see his Uncle Chris's shop. He heard the word "shop" and heard nothing else. Meanwhile Grandma took the rest of us up to Scotts cousin Kathryns house. The kids had a great time playing. I can only imagine the mess they made in the downstairs. I didnt dare look.


Later we went to Aunt Beth's to talk and play games! We had a great time!! The boys loved playing in the play room!! We also got to hear Jesse play the piano! WOW WOW WOW is all I can say about that!! She did awesome! And I even got a few (fifty) pictures of her. Ok, not that many! Jentry ended up sleeping the night over there and had lots of fun!







I loved talking to Uncle Raymond while we were there. He is Grandmas younger brother. He can remember so many details of his life Im amazed. When he was born the doctor used the forceps wrong and he has been handicapped his whole life. I've been told he has changed through the years and used to not talk as much as he does now. He can talk your leg off now and I love it! I love listening to everything he has to say. He has had an interesting life!! He is 75 years old now and he can tell you MANY details of that 75 years. I could seriously talk to him all day long!



The next day Grandma took us on a tour of the city. Cedar is a bigger city than I thought! Wow. It was fun just to ride a long with her. Even if we had to stop every other minute for Ty to go the bathroom!

Before we left we had to have a picture session. Grandma and Raymond were so nice to pose for 100 pictures!








After that we headed home. We still had homework to get done for Monday and I didnt want the kids too tired when they went back to school. But we had a GREAT time!! Im hoping to do it again this summer...that is...if Grandma doesnt change her number.

5 comments:

Hillary said...

We were so excited to hear that you were coming down. We loved hanging out with you guys. I was so suprised how well the boys played together. Next time maybe you can talk Scott into staying longer! And maybe in the mean time I can practice up on the Wii and be able to beat Jentry, or at least give her a run for her money!

Lisa said...

ahhh, what sweet photos! glad you road tripped. maybe he is ready for Colorado next, HA!

Deanna said...

oh grandparents...love them while you still have them!
PS I love your music. I didn't want to close your blog so I could listen to it.
xoxoxo

The Jasperson Family said...

Sounds like you had fun!!

M- your favorite said...

Looks like a fun little trip. I love family! It's great to have such a fun family.

Your house is amazing! The paint turned out AWESOME! I bet you love it! It looks so good.

Also I want to talk to you about your coding job. I want to do something like that part time. If you have any information that would be great. Thanks!