Monday, January 26, 2009

Ok people I am ready for Spring.


Is it too much to ask for spring to come in January? I dont think so. So I've been asking. And I thought I might fish my wish. This last week it has been raining. And it doesnt rain in the winter, right? So I was getting just a tad bit excited that I might see a little green! Lucy our dog was thinking it was a great idea too. There was a little patch of green grass that showed up in the back yard since all the rain has been melting the snow. Lucy thought this was GRAND! She ran and ran around in circles yipping on that small patch of grass. I felt like running with her. Expcept, I would be yipping "Its Spring!!" Well winter plays tricks on ya here in Utah. You think you are going to get a little taste of sun...and what do you wake up to? Feet of snow. Thats just how it is here. And every year, come January...Im sick of it. Im sick of coughing, sneezing, fevers, snot noses, cold hands, dirty muddy floors from people walking in the kitchen with muddy feet, dirty cars; cause I never wanna stand out in the freezing snow to clean them out.

I want spring!

I want to send the kids out in the back yard and not see them again til dusk, I want to sit out on the front steps and watch all the kids play in the street, I want long days, short sleeves, no boots, flip flops, bikes, scooters.....SUN!!!

But I guess I'll have to wait until May but until then...Ill just complain.

2 comments:

The Jasperson Family said...

I am so with you on this one. I thought that I would be waking up to the rain again. Then I go out side and ugh!!! at least 6" and counting. GOT TO LOVE UTAH WEATHER

Denise said...

Maybe it's time for a trip to Arizona or California. ;)

I'm okay w/the snow, because we have yet to make a snowman. That's a lazy mom ...