Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Too Many Pictures???

Today I went to Mandys house to just hang out while the kids played in the pool. I brought my camera thinking I could take some cute pictures...but silly me, forgot my memory card.

On the way home I was thinking about it and I thought... well, I dont have to actually take pictures EVERY single day. I have too many anyway. I dont even print them out all that often, and then when I do...its like thousands. Its not that bad that I missed out on one fun thing, right?

So then Im going through my blog list tonight checking out everyones blog and I come to this one http://leslieandaaron.blogspot.com/ Ive been reading this blog for a long time. Dont know how I found it. Probably blog surfing, noticed her name was Leslie, clicked on it. Im sure it went something like that. But she lost her husband about 8 months ago. I dont know how he died...but Im amazed at all the pictures she has of them doing stuff together. I mean she has tons of pictures of her husband. But to her, Im sure its not enough. Im sure she would have loved to have more.

Anyway, where Im going with all of this is...I will still keep taking my 100 pictures a day and Im not going to feel guilty about it anymore. Cause you can never have enough pictures, right?

7 comments:

Kathleen said...

So true!! Plus in the digital age we don't have to print them all out. Save to a disc (or two or three if you are paranoid like me LOL).

I need to be better about that. Ava is getting the short end of that.

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

thank you so much for what you wrote. i am grateful. i have always been a fanatic when it comes to taking photos and i have never known why... i just had this instinct inside of me to grab the camera for every little thing. aaron got so used to it, the last couple of years, he just kept going about his business being candid doing whatever he was doing that made me grab my camera in the first place.
now that he is gone... now i know why i took so many photos. i believe that i was inspired so that the we (his family) can enjoy him even when he is gone. he is missed, but at least we have photos showing us every little thing he would be doing. :)
thank you again.

Camille Jensen said...

100 a day huh? There's one more thing we have in common. Don't you dare think that I scrapbook them all either! Disc storage and external hard drive storage is the way to go. I challenge you to 150 a day ;) jk

Sasha Fisher said...

Found you on Leslie's blog (the one who's husband died). You make a fine point and I should resolve to do better with my camera. Thanks for making me aware.

Julie said...

Leslie- Hi. It's fun you read my blog. I think the last time I saw you was 7 or so years ago. Your family is cute.

Lisa said...

here are my feelings.....
i am so addicted that when i dont have my camera (with a memory card and battery.. working) i dont have all my apendages.

if i dont take a photo of it, i didnt DO IT!

so now, when i go somewhere, i think people get offended if im not documenting it, like its not important. (LOL)