Saturday, June 03, 2006

i NEVER EVER EVER thought I would see the day

I married a Toyota man.

We have NEVER had anything else...

Well except for a Chevy Nova that he had before we got married and had at the beginning of our marriage...but all parts were made by Toyota. It was a Toyota car that Chevy bought and put their name on.....

Until today....

Scott worked for Toyota for a little over 5 years as a mechanic. Loved it. He did a great job there and always got teased for being the pickiest mechanic ever. Things that other mechanics would over look bugged him to death so he would always fix it to the best of his ability and rarely got any come backs. That says a lot, I think. So him being that picky, he expects a lot.

When we bought our '04 Camry there was a "Tires for Life" program. You get all of your maintenence done from them and they will pay for tires for life. There was a little discrempinsy (sp) in that because what the dealership says you need to do...is not always what you need to do. So we always just do what is in the Owners Manual. Thats what Toyota reccomends...the dealership is always going to try to get you to do more. Anyway...so awhile ago we started having a little problem of the car pulling left when you would let go of the steering wheel. It didnt pull hard...but it pulled a little. And if anything your car should pull right, with the crown of the road...so this BUGGED Scott to death. Normal people it wouldnt bug, but I swear it kept him up at nights. So he took it in. They said it was the Springs. Replaced the springs. Still pulled. But we didnt take it in for about a month. Brought it in they said the alignment was right...everything was right....so they would try the springs again. Replaced the springs AGAIN. Went to pick up the car and they had scratched the bumper. They had also scratched it on the back pillar. Mr. Perfectionist was PISSED!!! This took them a whole week. Do you know how hard it is to go without a car for a whole week? Luckily Scotts parents let him borrow the Tahoe...but what a gas guzzler! During the weekend we noticed a weird sound

So he took it in after the weekend.

They had overcompinsated on the spring hoping that it would help it stop pulling and they had moved the spring too far. So it was out of its...whatever its supposed to be in. So thats why it was making that weird sound. They said they would order new tires. IT HAD TO BE THE TIRES. So we waited....and waited. By the end of the week Scott got another call saying...it had to be the tires and WE had to buy them. Even tho we were on the tires for life. Whatever. Scott was pissed. They had treated him like crap. He heard from his best friend that works in parts about all the things they had said about him. RUDE!

So he got pissed enough that he went and looked at Honda's. My husband....looking at Hondas. Never did I think I would see the day. He always said that Honda was good cars...but...he was a Toyota man. 5 hours later we were driving off in a 2006 Honda Accord. Its fun to drive. A little bit smaller then the Camry. But Scott will drive it mostly. I usually drive the truck.

I have never seen anyone negotiate more on the price of a car. Scott has always helped his sisters buy cars and they always said.."If you need anyone to help you buy a car, pick Scott" Cause he can get them down. i had to keep walking out cause I kept laughing. He was negotiating on EVERYTHING! But we got a good deal.

Im excited. I'll have to post pics later.

4 comments:

Tracey said...

So what did you do with the Camry? I hate bad car dealership people.

Our owners manual (AND our sales guy) said our Honda only needed oil changes ever 7500 miles...but the service dept. says 3000. Hmm.

Leslie said...

We traded it in at the Honda dealership. They told us oil changes at 3-5000. The first service isnt til some like 110,000 miles. ???

Jill said...

Welcome to the dark side! I'm a honda lover for LIFE. My honda - first oil change at 10k. There after 7500 except in extrement heat. (yeah - I live in Tx). Anyway - CONGRATS! Your Honda will treat you well.

Lisa said...

i loooooooooooooove my honda. :) so will you.
i was just looking at your 400 photos thinking when you were gonna buy your toyota minivan. ?????